You work as VP of Human Resources for a private-sector employer in an industry that has historically attracted only civilian males (for example, earth-moving equipment, steel making, etc.). Because of your organization’s great success in recruiting women and also military veterans, you want to write a press release as free publicity for your organization’s efforts. Prepare a 2- to 3-page attention-grabbing press release, covering the following:
1. Importance of (a) hiring both genders and also of (b) hiring military veterans.
2. How your private-sector organization has overcome the difficulty of hiring women to jobs in an industry that historically has attracted only men.
3. Explain your best practices in targeted recruitment efforts in (a) hiring women and (b) military vets.
4. Bring in industry statistics from the IBIS World database in the Trident Online Library to enhance and deepen your information.
5. Bring in at least two other companies by name, preferably in the same industry as your spotlighted company:
a. A company that has been successful in hiring women in positions previously held by men.
b. A different company that has a strong practice of hiring military veterans.