Write a 2–3-page article review in which you discuss the legal issues brought against an employer and how the organization managed to recover from the charges brought against it.
An organization’s public image is very important. The values and missions of the company serve as a statement to the public regarding how it seeks to operate. The company wants to avoid negative publicity about employment-related legal issues, like discrimination or harassment, because it can have a damaging effect on the organization’s reputation. When this occurs, HR practitioners and managers need to identify an effective recovery strategy as soon as possible. This is important, because the company needs to limit any negative exposure, but also to ensure that the organization is operating according to its values and missions.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 4: Implement the mission, vision, and values to impact organizational culture.
- Identify the legal issues.
- Discuss the effectiveness of the organization’s approach to recovery.
- Competency 5: Create strategies for recovery from exposure to liabilities.
- Describe the organization’s strategies for recovery from exposure to liabilities.
- Competency 6: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for members of the human resource profession.
- Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for members of the human resource profession.