Choose and discuss (in a full paragraph or two) one of the following two topics related to the period from the late 1940s and through the 1960s.
- Discuss America’s Cold War policy or strategy aimed at dealing with communism and the Soviet threat, and an example of a Cold War conflict or crisis.
- Identify one or two Cold War strategies of the US. Describe a specific example of a conflict or crisis that was part of this Cold War strategy, and compare or contrast this to the international situation today.
- Identify the source(s) where you read about these Cold War issues.
- Discuss the Civil Rights advances and struggles that took place in the 1950s and 1960s along with relevant legal developments.
- Identify two key specific events of the Civil Rights struggle and at least one major piece of legislation or court decision.
- Explain the historical significance of your examples and ways they have impacted our own time.
- Identify the source(s) where you read these Civil Rights issues.